Thursday, March 12
Dear 5th grade parents,
Thank you for your patience in the past week or so as we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. The decision has been made to cancel our field trip to Washington, DC in light of the fact that there are confirmed cases of the virus there and because it is spreading so rapidly. We have contacted our travel agent, Young Transportation and Tours, and they are working with the other vendors to get refunds. This will be a process that will likely take a while so please be patient as we continue to be in contact with them. As soon as we get funds back from them, we will start the process to get funds back to each of you. We do not have a timeline for this process so I am not able to say exactly when your money will be back to you.
I really hate that this has happened because the DC trip is something these students have been looking forward to for years. However, their health and safety is more important than anything.
Please don’t hesitate to call me if you have questions that this letter did not answer.
Thanks again for your patience,